Materials Science - test work number 2
1. Assign a quenching temperature, a cooling medium and a tempering temperature of the parts from
Steel 40ХГ, which should have hardness 230 ... 250 НВ. Describe the microstructure and properties
Steel after heat treatment.
2. Steel P6M5K5 was chosen for manufacturing the cutting tool. Specify the composition and
Determine the steel group according to its intended use. Assign a heat treatment mode, bring it
Justification, explaining the effect of doping on the transformations occurring at all stages of the ter
Machining of this steel. Describe the microstructure and properties of steel after thermal
3. For the production of permanent magnets of section 50 * 50 mm, the alloy EX9K15 is chosen.
Specify the composition, assign a heat treatment mode and describe the structure and properties of the alloy
After processing. Explain why steel U12 can not be used for large magnets.
4. AK4-1 alloy is selected for the manufacture of internal combustion engine parts.
Specify the composition and method of manufacturing parts from this alloy. Give the characteristics
Mechanical properties of AK4-1 at elevated temperatures and explain why they
5. Polymethyl methacrylate (organic glass). Specify the composition, characteristic properties,
Method of processing and area of its application
No feedback yet